Wednesday, June 19, 2013




June 19, 2013


Another Drive to Wallowa Lake in May  


Darlene, Nora the Schnauzer, EC, and I took a Sunday drive over the mountain to Wallowa Lake on May 20. It was a pleasant outing notable for the camaraderie and the delicious lunch (I had a tall, succulent  chicken-breast sandwich) at the Glacier Grill on the south end of the lake. Neither of those did I document in color, however. I did record vivid colors when walking Nora, once at the grill when we passed a pond with rental bumper boats and once at the boat launch with bright kayaks on the lake. The ancient classical glacial moraine in the background added to the symmetry with the bright kayaks in the foreground.








The trip covered about 240 miles and took from late morning until the early evening. We saw a few deer on the moraine as we drove the four miles or so beneath it to and from the Wallowa Lake park.
I've made that trip so many times that putting a number to them would be a fruitless guess. The number could be in the hundreds, however, and I have not tired of the trip, spring, summer, fall or winter.

No comments: